COVID-19 has changed the way that we live and work, and we are navigating realities that are unknown and confusing. This event is intended to provide a forum to discuss the ways you have been impacted in your work, whether you have been furloughed or laid off, are seeking new employment and interviewing virtually, or are currently working from home. This discussion is intended to provide a space to discuss ways to navigate these new realities, and equip you with resources and connections to support you at this time.
The discussion will be facilitated by Becky Ross, Senior Associate Director for Alumnae/i Career Services at Bryn Mawr College and hosted by Isidora Armentrout ’13, the Bryn Mawr Club of New York City’s Career Development Representative.
- Learn how to access Mawrter Connect – An online alumnae/i networking experience for Bryn Mawr College. Within the platform you will be able to network with students, alumnae/I, faculty and staff, and other friends of the college. It also provides a space for sharing and referring opportunities and resources.
- Have access to the 30-minute presentation – ‘You’ve been Laid Off – Now What?’ led by the vault.com (Please watch before meeting)
- Discuss best practices for virtual interviewing
- Discuss best practices for working from home while maintaining your personal and mental space/health
- Walk away with a resource guide listing what’s available to you for coaching/development/networking/career development
Isidora Delizo Armentrout ’13 was a history major at BMC. Currently she serves as the Career Development Representative on the Board of the Bryn Mawr Club of NYC. Isidora has been working as a sales executive in the Technology industry since graduating and has worked in both San Francisco and NYC.
Becky Ross is the Senior Associate Director for Alumnae/i Career Services at Bryn Mawr College. She has more than two decades of experience in higher education career services, a commitment to student and alumni success, and has trained as a career counselor in the Counseling & Student Personal Psychology program at the University of Minnesota. She has built her career around helping individuals identify, explore and pursue their career goals.
WHAT: Tips and Support for Work in the Time of COVID-19 with Becky Ross, Senior Associate Director for Alumnae/i Career Services at Bryn Mawr College and hosted by Isidora Armentrout ’13, Career Development Representative.
WHEN: Thursday, July 23rd at 6:30 PM.
RSVP HERE. A Zoom Link will be provided the day of the event.
HOW MUCH: Free Entry.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION/QUESTIONS CONTACT: Isidora Delizo Armentrout ’13 at email@example.com